6 Secrets for Improving Pages Per Session
When a user visits your website for the first time, it’s more than just an opportunity for a lead. This is your chance to build and foster a strong personal relationship with the user. You need to encourage them to explore your site, nurture their interest in your site, and trust you.
As a user browses your website, it is critical that you continue to spark their interest. Provide compelling content that informs and intrigues them. Provoke them to engage with you and other pages on your site. This increases your pages per session.
Pages per session refers to the average number of pages on your website a user views in one session. To calculate pages per session, divide the number of page views by the total number of sessions. Google Analytics also allows you to track this metric per channel to see which pages attract and keep the most users.
This metric reflects more than you expect about your website. It reveals if your website is engaging and motivates users to stick around. More time exploring different pages on your site means more money for you.
Tactics to increase the number of pages per session include:
1. Improve Page Speed – Users are in a rush and expect your website to load quickly. They don’t want to wait to go from page to page.
40% of users will leave a site if it takes longer than 3 seconds to load on a desktop.
2. Remove Distractions – Your users are looking for specific information. Don’t disrupt their experience with popups. Use whitespace to your advantage for a sleek design.
Removing distractions can increase conversions up to 71% and increase page views.
3. Utilize Internal Linking – Internal links don’t just help with SEO. They help your reader. Strategic, carefully chosen internal links guide your users to new pages.
Using organic internal linking can increase your average page views per session 21%.
4. Create A Good User Experience – Make your website enjoyable and easy to use for visitors. Intuitive design and engaging elements draw users in.
Double your pages per session by improving the existing content on your website.
5. Suggest Similar Content – Compile related content in a sidebar or at the bottom of your page. This guides the user and helps them further explore your website.
Increase pages per session by telling your reader where to go next.
6. Provide Quality Content – Give users a reason to trust you. Provide content that answers their questions and prompts them to learn more from you.
Keep your reader’s attention with compelling and accessible content.
Failing to see the pages per session results you want? Talk to our digital marketing specialists to start your journey toward your solution.